I’ve had a lot of questions asking me who I’m playing DayZ with so if you’re interested in not only finding out but possibly joining up, this thread’s for you.
The short version is I’m playing with this guy and his clan (medkit). But before you go sending him a message asking to join, there’s a few requirements you have to meet.
1) You must have a working microphone. This means no static, no background noise, no speakers, and the ability to use either Mumble or TS3.
2) Correct comm use. This means knowing when to be quiet and when to gab. It also means knowing how to calmly and efficiently relay your position and or coordinates even when under fire. Yelling “I’m being shot, I’m being shot!” is a great way to make sure you’re never asked back for more.
3) Advanced knowledge of DayZ. You should understand the fundamentals of the game and know how do things such as transfer items into and out of backpacks (seems simple I know but…), refuel vehicles, location of vehicle spawns, weapon damage/audible ranges, etc.
4) Gear. Medkit has no problems supplying gear, but the level of the player they/we are looking for is probably decked out and has gear reserves available. Team members have to be willing to work as a team and that means doing things like raiding crash sites, stary, NWAF, and bringing back extra loots and depositing it in tents for everyone else. You give, you get.
5) Last but certainly not least, smart players. We want players that are willing to work as a team, but don’t require someone else to hold their hand while playing the game for them. You need to be a fully functioning player that makes up one part of something much greater than any individual unit. This isn’t to say you can’t make mistakes, but we’re mainly interested in those who don’t make them twice, and are able to quickly learn and adapt.
6) The ability to just have fun.