What do Angry Birds and 350 million have in common?

Apparently it’s the amount of times the app has been downloaded.  While I don’t think we’ll be playing the next great FPS or RPG on a phone/tablet anytime soon, those are some pretty impressive numbers.  The company is supposedly worth someone around 1.2 billion right now for creating a game where you throw birds at pigs.  Unreal.

5 comments

  1. not very shocking…. pc and console gaming only makes up like 10% of the total gaming community. the other 90% plays diner dash and a million other games that cost around $10-20. (plants vs zombies, etc)

    the average female is happy to play a video game for 10 minutes a day. (think stay at home mom or soccer mom or grandmother)

    i know this because verizon has a website selling these games and i know the head of marketing for this department. the stats are fascinating….

      (Quote)

  2. They got lucky…it probably came out at just the right time for just the right audience for just the right price etc.

      (Quote)

  3. Maybe we would see those sorts of sales for an RPG on a phone if they were as conducive to playing while having a shit as most of these games tend to be.

      (Quote)

  4. Good job for Rovio, I believe they can make it into 500 million downloads before the end of the year. How about the Facebook version of Angry Birds? If they can penetrate that platform, then there is no doubt that they will be heading into billion downloads in no time.

      (Quote)

  5. Bob:
    Good job for Rovio, I believe they can make it into 500 million downloads before the end of the year. How about the Facebook version of Angry Birds? If they can penetrate that platform, then there is no doubt that they will be heading into billion downloads in no time.

    Oh yea, with ease. What a crazy number of downloads.

      (Quote)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>